Friday, April 10, 2009

Lomowall at Bastakiya Art Fair in Dubai

Having bought my lomo camera months ago with every intention to use it for exciting projects and happy random moments, i found it slowly gathering dust in the cupboard. That was until i'd heard about the lomography wall exhibition that was taking place in Dubai. I thought the only way to get myself into this was to throw myself into the deep end with committed deadlines. So i dusted my Holga off and started shooting. It really is so much more fun. I mean digital cameras have their place don't get me wrong, but there is just something so magical about your unexpected light spills, intense colours, fuzzy grains, and "what the..???" moments ;)


For the wall we could print repeats as to create a pattern with our imagery. Quite interesting how some single shots that may appear boring on their own become really effective and impactful when repeated.
hmmm...i think i may be hooked...



No comments: